Our goal is to improve the status of our profession and to establish liaisons between allied associations, businesses, and federal, state and municipal governments, in order to provide tree-lined streets for future generations.
- Our goal is to improve the status of our profession and establish liaisons between allied associations, businesses, and federal, state and municipal government in order to provide tree-lined streets for future generations.
- NJ Shade Tree Federation Members enjoy:
- NJSTF Tree Talks: Quarterly Zoom meetings where members from every nook of New Jersey gather to discuss the shade tree successes and challenges happening in our towns.
- Annual Conferences: Meet the people on the cutting edge of tree care and management. Speakers include nationally recognized scientists, professors, arboriculture professionals, and federal, state, and municipal experts who are pushing to elevate our profession and get us up-to-date on the latest information and techniques in caring and maintain shade trees.
- The Shade Tree Newsletter. A NJ Shade Tree Federation tradition. We cut straight to the important content to provide a dependable source of the hot topics, news, and interesting discoveries relevant to the work you do on the daily. Opt to receive your bi-monthly newsletter copies via mail (paper) or email (digital).
- Educational Support: Tap into the grape-vine. With nearly 100 years experience bringing our communities together, NJ Shade Tree Federation staff and board members are happy to connect you to the network of resources to help you run a successful shade tree program.
- Free-access to PDF publications: Members enjoy free access to PDF versions of NJ Shade Tree Federation informational booklets. Printed publications and community outreach brochures are available for order at member discounted prices.
Membership Classifications and Annual Dues
- County and Municipal shade tree commissions
- Shade tree advisory committees
- Environmental and conservation agencies
- County and municipal park commissions
- County and municipal road departments
- Agencies engaged in street and/or park tree work
- Includes up to five (5) members of the Agency, Commission, or Committee
- Additional members require an Associate Membership
- For Homeowner Associations responsible for the care and maintenance of trees in their community
- Includes up to five (5) members
- Addition members require an Associate Membership
- Private organizations and individuals engaged in any phase of commercial arboriculture, nursery management or related industry
- Private organizations
- Individuals engaged in, or interested in the non-commercial practice of arboriculture
Industry Affiliate Request:
- Utility companies
- Industry contractors
- Industry suppliers
- Please contact the NJ Shade Tree Federation office for the Industry Affiliate dues structure.