The New Jersey Shade Tree Federation is a non-profit organization that has, since 1926, assisted individuals and agencies entrusted with the selection, planting, and care of trees. Our objective is to continually education our profession and establish relationships between allied associations, businesses, and federal, state, and municipal governments in order to provide tree lined streets for future generations.
Richard WolowiczExecutive Director
- RichView Consulting
- Richard Wolowicz, founder of RichView Consulting, has an arboricultural career that spans over 40 years. His career encompasses extensive municipal and utility experience. Richard is a graduate of Cook College, Rutgers University. He is a NJ Licensed Tree Expert, ISA Certified Arborist & Utility Specialist. Richard co-authored 2 chapters in the Handbook of Urban and Community Forestry in the Northeast. He has lectured in Argentina and presented numerous lectures on various topics regarding tree issues, tree inventories and electrical safety.
- New Jersey Tree Foundation
- Contact Pam:
- Or on social medias: @NJTrees
- Pam is the Executive Director of the New Jersey Tree Foundation, a statewide nonprofit organization dedicated to planting trees in New Jersey’s most urban neighborhoods, where the need is greatest. She has a degree in Forest Resource Management from SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry and is a NJ Licensed Tree Expert.
Neil HendricksonVice President
- Readington Twp, Hunterdon County
- Contact Neil:
- (908) 872-1439
- Neil is retired. Formerly with Bartlett Tree Research Lab. NJ Licensed tree expert #333. TRAQ qualified. Board Member, NJ Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture. Board Member, NJ Shade Tree Federation. Member, Hunterdon County Shade Tree Commission. Chair, Readington Twp Environmental Commission. Member, Readington Twp Open Space Advisory Board. Member, Readington Twp Planning Board. Education: BS: Rutgers/Cook College – forestry, MS: Univ of New Hampshire - forest science, PhD: Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Science - silviculture/forestry
Emily FarschonMembership Outreach Coordinator
- NJ Shade Tree Federation
- Contact Emily:
- (732) 246-3210
- Emily is an International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist (NJ-1359A) and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Biology from Rutgers University.
Barbara Ronca, PhD-LCSW2023 Board of Directors
- NJ Shade Tree Federation
- Contact Barbara:
- (908) 253-8887
- Barbara is a psychotherapist in private practice, serves on the Bridgewater Shade Tree Board , and is a Director for the NJ Shade Tree Federation
George G. Meglio2023 Board of Directors
- Borough of Wood-Ridge, NJ. Bergen County
- Contact George:
- George has been chairman of the Wood-ridge Shade tree Commission since 2000.
Steven Chisholm Jr.2023 Board of Directors
- Aspen Tree Experts
George Sweetin2023 Board of Directors
- The Farm at Green Village
Liz Stewart2024 Board of Directors
- River Edge Shade Tree Commission, Arborist
- Contact Liz:
- Liz is a NJLTE, Community Arborist, NJSTF Board Member, past vice- president and president of NJSTF.
John D. Linson, Sr.2024 Board of Directors
- The Shade Tree Department LLC
- Contact John:
- (973) 766-2143
- Mr. Linson served as Millburn Township Forester for 25 years. Subsequent to his retirement, he has provided urban forestry consultation to over 40 municipalities and three counties. He is a past President of the NJ Shade Tree Federation. He is passionate about trees, fishing, hunting, and classic vehicles. NJ Licensed Tree Expert #198.
Joshua Faas2024 Board of Directors
- SiteOne Landscape Supply
- Contact Joshua:
- Nurseryman for almost 20 years, with an Environmental and Planning degree from Rutgers University. Currently one of the landscape sales leaders for SiteOne Landscape Supply.
Brittany Carino2023 Board of Directors
- Atlantic City Electric
Mary Charlotte Gitlin2025 Board of Directors
- Paul Cowie and Associates, Inc.
- Contact Mary:
- Mary Charlotte Gitlin is a New Jersey Licensed Tree Expert (#715), ISA Certified Arborist (NJ-1333A), and holds a Bachelor of Science from Rutgers University in Ecology, Evolution, and Natural Resources. Mary Charlotte firmly believes that a hyperfunctional urban forest is critical to maintaining livable communities as the climate continues to rapidly change.
Jeffrey Cramer2025 Board of Directors
- Arborist Consultant
- Contact Jeffrey:
- (609) 955-0800
- N.J. Licensed Tree Expert & ISA Certified Arborist, TRAQ qualified. Compliance Inspector, NJ Board of Tree Experts. Former JCP&L transmission line forester. Chair, South Brunswick Twp. STC. Extensive background in Municipal Arborist/Public Works.
Chris Raimondi, CLP2025 Board of Directors
- Raimondi Horticultural Group, Inc.
- Contact Chris:
- (201) 445-1299
- Linked-in: Raimondi Horticultural Group, Face Book: Raimondi Horticultural, Instagram: Raimondihg , Twitter: @raimondihg
- Chris Raimondi, CLP heads The Raimondi Group, Inc., an Award-Winning Horticultural Company serving corporate and residential clients in the New York Tri-state area. Through its creative divisions (Raimondi Horticultural Group and The Little Flower Shoppe), the company’s areas of expertise include Interior and Exterior Landscaping, plant rentals and Full-Service Florals. Chris is known throughout the green industry for his dedication to education, training and professionalism. Chris teaches Horticultural courses as an Adjunct Professor and instructor at NYBG. In addition, he remains active in trade affiliations including NALP, NJLCA, GPGB Board Member and American Hort Plantscape Hall of Fame.
Al Birchler2025 Board of Directors
- Professional Tree Care